Saturday 31 December 2022

After 40 years of wargaming, finally a blog on it.....

Dont expect fireworks. Dont expect row upon row of exquisitely painted miniatures. Dont expect a regularity akin to a heartbeat. Dont expect anything other than random posts on wargaming, history and the occasional foray into painting miniatures. As someone once said, under promise and over deliver...maybe

Having been a wargamer for over 40 years I thought it would be the right thing to do a blog on it. In musing on this I thought about the why. Am I doing it for me, for other's interest or a bit of both. Probably the latter. I have mediocre painting skills and am slow to complete projects. I buy way too many miniatures and even more rulesets. My first love is ancients (basically anything before 1500AD) and specifically the Dark Ages in Britain but am fairly eclectic. I love reading other people's blogs for ideas, interest and a shared passion but will freely admit that my own blog may not live up to those standards exhibited by others and to which I aspire. Still, I can only do what I do and hope that if nothing else this provides a framework for my musings and my wargaming experiences.




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the "Blogosphere"!
    You need to add a Follower widget...

    ReplyDelete

Writing your own set of wargaming rules...

Having read quite a number of rulesets over the past few weeks in a search for that elusive 'dark age' set AND a few topical threads...