Monday 14 October 2024

Still here...

Now I am not one to write reams and reams on a blog as my time is limited and my attention span is like that of a gnat or perhaps a butterfly. Anyhoo, before its the end of the year I thought I would just remind myself to post a few things in regards to wargaming in general.

1. After thinking long and hard about it, I am relinquishing the editorship of Slingshot. I have 2 more issues to go and then hopefully hand on to another kindly soul to move it forward in 2025. Its been fun but it is too time sapping for me currently as I have a lot of juggling to do currently including a new career (well a new direction of work anyway), looking after an elderly relative with dementia and deciding to renovate the house before I am too old to do it. I do find myself saying things like..."if I do this well, it'll see me out..." etc  

2. I want to get back into wargaming proper with proper people and so I will be attending a few more shows over the next few months and into 2025. I will also be availing myself of playing against human opponents when the opportunity arises....

3. I am also playing more online stuff against AI such as the excellent Slitherine 'Field of Glory' series of PC games 

4. I do need to do more painting

5. If I am stepping back from the editorship of Slingshot it will allow me to write more stuff as articles per se for the said publication

6. Enjoy my wargaming...

QED


No comments:

Post a Comment

Still here...

Now I am not one to write reams and reams on a blog as my time is limited and my attention span is like that of a gnat or perhaps a butterfl...