Tuesday 17 October 2023

A year as Editor

So its now a year since I stupidly humbly said yes to taking on the mantle of editor of Slingshot for the Society of Ancients. In that time I have learnt to actually appreciate the hobby more and been privileged to piece together the journal on a regular basis, learning and hopefully improving as I go. I do hope to keep going with this as it has actually been a real pleasure to do along with the hard work you would expect at the outset. The pleasure aspect is definitely an unexpected bonus and I look forward to the next 12 months. As I write I am in the throes of completing my 7th issue of Slingshot so I cant be doing too badly. As an aside, I have learnt more about publishing in the past 12 months than you can shake a stick at and I appreciate the effort that others put in when doing editing, writing and producing anything including journals, articles and of course blogs. Keep it up guys, i do read alot and I appreciate all your efforts



4 comments:

  1. You've done a good job, Dave. For various reasons I was annoyed enough during the last editorship to leave, but signed up again after learning Slingshot was under the stewardship of your good self. Thanks for your hard work and your good cheer :)

    Best,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaron, this is a ringing endorsement of Dave's direction and effort. Great job, Dave!

      Delete
  2. thank you Aaron. That means a lot to me personally and of course, I love your blog and have followed it for a few years now. I'll keep trying to keep the Slingshot vibe going :-)

    ReplyDelete

Writing your own set of wargaming rules...

Having read quite a number of rulesets over the past few weeks in a search for that elusive 'dark age' set AND a few topical threads...