Thursday 4 January 2024

2024 and my Wargaming aspirations

To paint a few figures and to play a few games... After the 2023 I had, my expectations are low! In all seriousness I have my Dark Age project continuing in tandem in 10mm and 15mm. I am also tentatively starting a small project in 6mm for Greek/Macedonian shenanigans. My other major project is to build a new play area aka a gaming table.

So far I have purchased 3 x foldable tables of 100 x 60 cm which can be used in any combination (singly, doubly or triply) according to the size of battle required. I have also purchased exact sized (cut to the dimensions of the tables) 3 x 0.75mm mild steel sheets to fix onto the tables. Additionally I have bought 0.5mm magnetic adhesive tape. I already have a few hundred 10 x 10 cm mdf squares that I will decorate as terrain pieces and affix the magnetic tape to the underside. This will then allow me to use the terrain pieces in many different orientations (and allow ease of random choice mechanisms) and give me a grid to play upon and remove that tedious micro measuring with some rulesets! :)

Its starting to come together as all the bits have been delivered so now I need to affix the metal sheets to the tables and to then start with the decoration of the 200+ mdf squares for use on it....updates will follow as progress is made in the meantime;





No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing your own set of wargaming rules...

Having read quite a number of rulesets over the past few weeks in a search for that elusive 'dark age' set AND a few topical threads...